Rogi Kalyan Samiti (RKS)
- Rogi Kalyan Samiti was established by the Health and family welfare department Govt. Resolution:MCG/1004/5152/J Dated.05/02/05
Government Resolution Health and Family Welfare Department No: MCG/1004/5152/J Dated: 21/10/2013 regarding constitution of Rogi Kalyan Samiti for Medical College attached Hospitals functioning under Medical Education Department effective from 21-10-2013
|1||Additional Chief Secretary / Principle Secretary(Medical Services, Medical Education).||Chair Person|
|3||Additional Director,Medical Education.||Member|
|4||Medical Superintendent.||Member Secretary|
|5||Chief District Health Officer (CDHO) Ahmedabad.||Member|
|6||Dean, B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad.||Member|
|7||Resident Medical Officer (RMO)||Member|
|8||Executive Engineer, Project Implementation Unit (PIU).||Member|
|9||Two Member of Legislative Assembly out of them one from Urban area and one from Rural area as may be decided by the Government by rotation for term of two years.||Member|
|10||President of Indian Medical Association (IMA)||Member|
|11||Member of Parliament as may be decided by Government.||Member|
|12||Four Social Worker out of them two Urban area and two from Rural area as may be decided by the Government by rotation for term of two years.||Member|
|13||Representative of Red Cross||Member|
|15||Two Professor’s from Clinical department by rotation for two years.||Member|
|1||Medical Superintendent||Chair Person|
|3||Residential Medical Officer||Member|
|4||Senior Most Head of the Department from Clinical department||Member|
- To undertake all activities to improve and expand patient welfare and care.
- To introduce user charges to create a strong resource base.
- To put a management structure in place and position that could fulfill the objective of community participation.
- To ensure cleanliness and refurbishing of the hospital.
Function & Activities
- Identifying the problems faced by the patients in Hospital
- Acquiring equipment, furniture, ambulance (through purchase, donation, rental or any other means, including loans from banks) for the hospital;
- Expanding the hospital building, in consultation with and subject to any Guidelines that may be laid down by the State Government;
- Making arrangements for the maintenance of hospital building (including residential buildings), vehicles and equipment available with the hospital;
- Improving boarding / lodging arrangements for the patients and their attendants;
- Entering into partnership arrangement with the private sector (including individuals) for the improvement of support services such as cleaning services, laundry services, diagnostic facilities and ambulatory services etc.;
- Developing / leasing out vacant land in the premises of the hospital for commercial purposes with a view to improve financial position of the Society;
- Encouraging community participation in the maintenance and upkeep of the hospital;