- General Information
Head of Department – Dr. M. D. Gajjar
Address – B-2, Ground Floor, Blood Bank, Main Building,
Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad
Phone No.(ext.) – 079-22683721 (1420)
Fax & email – 079-22683421
- Yearly blood collection is approximately 17000 to 18000.
- Total Blood transfusion per year is approximately. 15000 to 18000.
- Blood Testing is approximately 17000 to 18000.
- Blood grouping is approximately 26000 and Coomb’s Testing etc. is 225 per year.
- Services Available
- Transfusion of whole blood.
- Transfusion of Components:
- P.C.V. ( Packed Cell Volume )
- Washed R B C’S
- FFP (Fresh Frozen Plasma)
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma )
- PPP ( Platelet Poor Plasma )
- PC (Platelet Concentrate)
- Cryoprecipitate (Factors)
- Zonal Blood Testing Centre:
- Hbs Ag
- V. D.R.L.
- Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma in non healing fractures
- Thalassemia clinic twice a week
- Screening and Identification of unexpected antibodies in multi-transfused, cross match incompatible, pregnant patients.
- Haemophilia clinic
- Red Cell Phenotyping of blood donors
- NABH accreditation 2010
- Best outdoor camp performance 2010 by GSCBT
- Best Blood Bank Award 2011 by GSCBT