The reception counter is one of the most important areas of the hospital and the same is true at Civil Hospital, Amdavad. Upon arrival at Civil Hospital, Amdavad, visitors to the hospital require help vis-à-vis information regarding location of various services and facilities. The reception acts as the first line of contact to provide the necessary help to the patients and their attendants through reception counter and ‘MAY I HELP YOU’ desks.
Location and Timings:
The Civil Hospital has reception counters to provide all possible help and information to the patients visiting as well as to cater to the telephonic enquiries.
1. OPD Main Entrance,
‘MAY I HELP YOU’ desk– 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
2. Office of the Medical Superintendent D-2 Block
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
3. Trauma Centre, Round the clock 24X7
Medical Social Worker ————> Patient Guide
- Reception acts as the first line of guidance for patients visiting Civil Hospital, Amdavad.
- Guide the patients and their attendants regarding location and timings of OPD clinics, laboratories, wards and departments.
- Attend to all telephonic enquiries regarding information concerning the patients, the doctors and clinics and OPD schedule.
- Medical Social Workers supervise these counters and also deal with procedure regarding providing free treatment to poor patients in Civil Hospital, Amdavad.
- Reception is also assigned the job of ensuring availability of trolleys and wheelchairs at the counters all times.