STANDING MEDICAL BOARD,
( D-4, FIRST FLOOR, CHA.) Tel no.-079-22683721Ext.-1365
Chairman:- Dr. A. N. Shah (HOD OF MEDICINE)
Member:- Dr. G.H.Rathod (HOD OF SURGERY)
Member:- Dr. S.V.Aggarval (PROF OF OPHTHALMOLOGY)
The Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad houses Standing Medical Board and is situated at 1st floor of D-4 block. The Standing Medical Board is an authority to conduct physical fitness test and related certification for the class I and Class II officials working under different department of the State and Central Government. There are four Medical Boards in State. (1) Ahmedabad (2) Surat (3) Vadodara (4) Jamnagar. The districts Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, surendranagar, Mahesana, sabarkantha, and Banaskantha are under Ahmedabad medical board. The Board comprises of a President – Head of Department, Medicine and two other members-Head of Department, Surgery and Head of Department, Ophthalmology.
Other roles played by the Standing Medical Board include:
- Issues certificate for justification of leave exceeding 90 days due to physical fitness or disability for the government Servants.
- Issue certificate to the Government College student for transfer from one to another college considering their physical Illness.
- Issue certificate of fitness for the applicants of community pension.
- Opinion regarding special cases ordered by court.
- Opinion regarding incurable disease of children for transfer of their school teacher parents.
- 16/- ( Rs. Sixteen only) for State Government Candidates, Rs. 516/- (Rs. Five hundred sixteen only) for central Government candidates and Rs. 216/- (Rs. Two Hundred sixteen only) for Government college student for transfer in against fee for medical examination decided by Government.