With advancement in the field of nutrition science the daily needs of human health and disease are now well established. The department of dietetics in hospital is a vital organization that carries multiple responsibilities related to patient’s daily intake of nutrition. Patients are being provided with nutrition education and hygienically prepared high quality food services.
Diet Distribution Centre: D-1, Ground Floor, Main Building, Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad.
Address of Office – D-7, Third Floor Main Building,
Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad
Phone No. – 079 – 22683721 (Ext.1135)
Fax No. – 079 – 22683421
Number of diets provided to patients:
Daily Average 1100
Monthly Average 33200
- Daily ward rounds are taken by the dieticians in their respective wards and diet is prescribed and implemented in consultation with the doctors. Individual diet counseling along with diet chart is provided to indoor as well as outdoor patients.
- The main objective of this department is to provide better nutritional care through properly planned and executed diets to indoor patients.
- It provides tea and milk twice a day, breakfast and two balanced meals – lunch and dinner, providing optimal nutrition which is free of cost.
- Lunch & Dinner is outsourced to “Touch Stone Foundation” which provides seven types of diet to patients as recommended by consultant and dietician.
- Breakfast, Tea (Morning & Evening) served by the Hospital.
- According to patient’s need R T Feed is prepared and served to the patient which is prepared under supervision of dietitian.
Diet Distribution Timings:
- Breakfast – 8:30am to 9:00 am
- Lunch – 11:30am to 12:00 pm
- Dinner – 6:30pm to 7:00 pm
|1||FD (Full Diet)|
|2||SFD (Salt Free Diet)|
|3||FFD (Fat Free Diet)|
|4||HPD (High Protein Diet)|
|5||DD (Diabetic Diet)|
|6||LD (Light Diet)|
|7||MD (Milk Diet)|
- In General wards the feedback forms are given to the patients on a regular basis. On the basis of the various suggestions/opinions thus obtained, efforts are made to improve the meal services accordingly.
- Routine medical examinations are done for Cooks and supportive
staff once in a year and suitable treatment are given to them.
- Regular checking of hair, nail, dress are done by the dieticians for maintaining good personal hygiene of food handlers and are taught them about the cleanliness and hygienic food preparation and services on regular basis.