The department of Sanitation was established since the inception of Civil Hospital, Amdavad. The department of sanitation serves the institute by helping to provide a clean environment to the patients and their attendants.
Objectives of Department / Section
The department of sanitation is dedicated to provide clean and infection free environment in the hospital. The department is also providing Pest & Rodent control services at Civil Hospital, Amdavad. The department also actively liaisons with the different agencies like Municipal Corporation, People for Animals, for handling the issue of stray dogs,cats & Bee hive.
Presently the department is comprised of a team headed by Senior Sanitary Inspector, Sanitary Inspectors and contractual Sanitary Inspector
Morning Shift Evening Shift Night Shift
07:00 AM – 02:00 PM 02:00 PM – 10:00 PM 10:00 PM – 07:00 AM
Various Subsections and their task:
- To provide cleaning material to the workers deployed in the area not under service contract for sanitation.
- The area which is not under service contract for Pest & Rodent Control services is also provided by this subsection.
- Mechanized cleaning is carried out.
- Fumigation services.
- Management of Bio medical Waste according to the norms
- Infection Control practices
- Time to time Training of housekeeping staff
- Conducting vector control measures
Major Process / Functions:
Presently the House Keeping services at Civil Hospital, Amdavad, OPD building, Transit Ward, T.B. Hospital, and Advance Trauma Centre have been outsourced to M/S BVG Bharat Vikas Group Contractor.